JOB TITLE: WEB & GRAPHICS DESIGNER/IT SUPPORT INTERN
Journalists For Justice, a not-for-profit organisation working to call out impunity and amplify the voices of victims in demanding accountability for atrocity crimes, has an internship position for a Web & Graphics Designer/IT Support. Fresh college graduates eager to start out their professional life in the brave new information communication field would be ideal. He/she will be responsible for design work and maintaining websites according to specifications to create impactful communication.
- Create PSDs for visual layout of web pages and convert each design into HTML and CSS and also maintain and update all WordPress plugins for website.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Create mock-ups for proposed project pages and update them as needed.
- Implement and maintain high-quality SEO (Search Engine Optimization) policies and incorporate them with content produced for the website.
- Create advertising and marketing tools that that may be needed e.g. flyers, brochures, Logo etc.
- Regular update of website design or pages
- 1+ years’ web design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design or related field
- Knowledge of WordPress and Drupal or any other web forms.
- Professional/School portfolio with at least 5 designs for internal review (not a must)
- Team player with a creative flair, with an appreciation for colour
If you meet the above requirements and are available, please send your motivation letter to email@example.com by the close of the day on 15.01.2019